FHA Short Sale Guidelines: FHA hands down it’s verdict on Short Sales

FHA hands down it's verdict on Short Sales

Short Sales Phoenix, FHA Short Sales, There are a lot of schools of thought but just last week, FHA finally laid out it's decision on how they will determine if a homeowner is eligible for FHA financing after a short sale.  As I have said before, there are probably 10% of lenders that wil do this, the other 90% will not.  Keep you eyes open as the lending industry is about to get more strict.  My guess is that the 10% will likely cease to exist.

You should be careful to imply that this is somehow set in stone.  There are way too many variables to risk ourselves in implying that our client "IS" going to get into a home in 2-3 years.

This mortgagee letter provides guidance to lenders and underwriters regarding borrower eligibility when:

  • a previously owned property was sold for less than what was owed (short sale), or
  • there is principal write down of indebtedness that cannot be refinanced into a new mortgage (short pay off).

Summary - FHA Guidance on Short Sales (Read More)

My Blog Sites:

www.tedcanto.com

www.thecantoteam.com

www.arizonamortgageteam.com

www.academymortgage.com/tedcanto

Ted Canto

Sr. Mortgage Consultant

Academy Mortgage

 

Comment balloon 2 commentsTed Canto • January 12 2010 09:05PM
FHA Short Sale Guidelines: FHA hands down it’s verdict on Short Sales
share
FHA hands down it's verdict on Short Sales There are a lot of schools of thought but just last week, FHA finally laid out it's decision on how they will determine if a homeowner is eligible for FHA financing after a short sale. As I have… more
Job Market Picture Requires Look Beneath Surface
share
Provided to you Exclusively by THE CANTO TEAM For the week of Jan 11, 2010 | Vol. 8, Issue 2 .. more
R. I. P. - How Jim Rohn had changed my life..
share
As you know, our mentor and friend Jim Rohn passed away December 5, 2009. I couldn't help to get a little choked up about the idea that my mentor had passed away after helping me to not only look at ways to improve my business rather how he… more
A Volatile Week Ends a Volatile Year
share
Provided to you Exclusively by THE CANTO TEAM For the week of Jan 04, 2010 | Vol. 8, Issue 1 .. more
Halls Decked With Lots of Economic News
share
Provided to you Exclusively by THE CANTO TEAM For the week of Dec 21, 2009 | Vol. 7, Issue 51 … more
Your Conventional Loans May Be in Jeopardy as soon as NOW!!
share
As you are all aware, DU release 8. 0 is rolling out this week. This means that if your loan was approved through the AUS (Automated Underwriting System) with a 47%-56% debt ratio and has not closed or let's suppose waiting for a Short Sale… more
Can it Be? Is FHA The New Sub-Prime?
share
Can it be? Is it official Is FHA lending the new subprime? We have all thought about it and have kept our fingers crossed that it isn't so. But to some in the industry they believe FHA lending has replaced subprime lending… more
Short Sales: Be careful of what you say!
share
UPDATE as of 11/19/09: The rule is 2 years on Conventional. However: there are probably 10% of lenders that are doing it. The other 90% will not. It may also vary upon whether it is a Short Sale with no default in payment… more
Your 2010 Business Plan Started Days Ago: How To Market The Extended…
share
Your 2010 Business Plan Started Days Ago: How To Market The Extended Homebuyer Tax Credit. I posted a blog on Marketing Opportunities: Homebuyer Tax Credit in AR and also on my Facebook. I had approximately 45 posts on the AR blog and about… more
Credit Cards are Causing Damage to Your Credit Score
share
Credit Cards are Causing Damage to Your Credit Score A new survey from the Federal Reserve shows that, despite how consumers are being hurt in the current economy, banks continue to raise the interest rates and lower credit limits with most… more